What ‘Content’ Means
Content according to actionable marketer Heidi Cohen is:
“High quality, useful information that conveys a story presented in a contextually relevant manner with the goal of soliciting an emotion or engagement. Delivered live or asynchronously, content can be expressed using a variety of formats including text, images, video, audio, and/or presentations.”
Social Triggers founder Derek Halpern says:
“Content comes in any form (audio, text, video), and it informs, entertains, enlightens, or teaches the people who consume it.”
What is Content Strategy?
Content Strategy is the planning, creation, development, delivery, and management of content. The purpose of content strategy is to provide engaging, meaningful, cohesive, and sustainable content to target audience.
Brand-specific and customer-centric content strategy will get the right message to the right customer at the right time that will result to the right response. If you want organic search visibility, quality traffic, and consistently high rankings, you have to commit yourself to having the right content strategy.
Applying Strategy to Content
It’s crucial as you craft your next content strategy to ask the following questions:
- What information do you want to publish or share?
- What is the reason for publishing or sharing said information?
- Who exactly is the information for?
- What content type will you use to publish or share said information?
- Which platforms or channels will the content have the most impact or reach?
- When is the optimal time to engage in sales conversations?
- Who will create, manage, and track the content and its performance?
- What organizational changes must be made to carry out your content strategy?
The Key to a Solid Content Strategy
A solid content strategy improves marketing results for almost any type of organization and industry. The key is to produce QUALITY content.
- Quality content attracts target audience and minimizes losing them to competitors.
- Quality content increases search visibility, site authority, and brand reputation.
- Quality content brings closer to prospects and leads that can turn to paying and returning customers.
- Quality content helps consumers remember the business and encourages them to engage more personally and on a continuing basis in the long term.
5 Reasons Why Content Strategy Is Important
- Content Drives Everything
The purpose of content is not to lead the customers to your business but to give them the answers they are looking for through your business.
- Improve Consistency
Content strategy polishes consistency in content creation, distribution, and performance evaluation to meet expectations of target audience.
- Improve Relevance
Content strategy help create high quality content that is relevant to customer pain points, needs, and preferences.
- Improve Branding
A haphazard approach to content creation will have a negative impact to the company and what it stands for. A sound content strategy help define the brand and build up the business the way it should be perceived by the outside world.
- Improve Resource Management
With a good content strategy, it is quicker and more efficient to come up with ideas, topics, and inspiration. This can also save you the trouble of going through bouts of writer’s block because there is a clear understanding of what the target audience wants.
If you’re new to digital marketing or want to fine-tune your understanding of the content strategy process, we can help! Sign up with Cabana today for FREE!